Monday 15 August 2011

Closed-mindedness

I'm troubled.

I normally tell people not to be closed-minded. Do I follow that maxim myself? I doubt it. This isn't something I only just started thinking about, but I was reminded of it when I randomly came across a song that I really liked, and it made me think... "Just how many songs are there that I like?" There's only one genre of music that I really like: classical. I don't listen to anything else.

Is it closed-mindedness, is it apathy? Either way, I'm not always a very adventurous person.

I am well aware, as I've talked about in my post on hypocrisy, that I'm not always consistent with my actions and beliefs, that I don't always walk the walk. But knowing this doesn't make it right.

I suppose apathy does come into play, because at the end of the day, sometimes I just can't be bothered to try new music or taste new foods or watch a new TV series, et alia.

Ah, I'd better stop rambling, I honestly don't know what I'm talking about anymore.

~Leonidas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comment form beckons. I will love you forever if you let me know what you think of this post! You may even get a cookie. Not a real one, but... okay, you get a cyber-huggle. You get something!

...Pretty please <3.

Total Pageviews