Friday 8 July 2011

Jodi Picoult - Review

About a month ago, I got into a really rather awesome author by the name of Jodi Picoult! I've read four of her books, am on the fifth, and plan to read every one of them. She's the author of My Sister's Keeper, House Rules, Sing You Home, Keeping Faith, Mercy (the five I've read/am reading in order,) and other titles such as Nineteen Minutes, The Pact, Perfect Match and Songs of the Humpback Whale.


Jodi really does her homework, I can credit her that. She thoroughly researches all of her topics and really immerses herself in it. The scope of her topics, too, are fascinating. My Sister's Keeper is about a genetically conceived girl who sues her parents because she is being put at risk to save her cancer-ridden sister. Sing You Home, easily my favourite, ties in themes of same-sex relationships, families, and Christianity, and follows the relationship of two women who want to have a child together. And Keeping Faith... well, I've really benefited from reading something that offered such an amazing insight into religion that religion itself couldn't offer me. Keeping Faith is the story Faith White, a girl who starts to make miracles.

Euthanasia, religion, homosexuality, law, medicine, rights, abuse, suicide; all such deep themes that Picoult's books explore, and in such depth and detail, too. A lot of Jodi's books (every one I've read so far, actually,) involve court cases and trials, and my does she know how to make a court case! Most of what I know about - at the very least American - courts come from Picoult's books!

Jodi Picoult is easily my second-favourite author, and I could hardly recommend her books more highly!

~Leonidas

P.S. A note to my first-favourite author: Tabitha, if you're reading this, you know I still love you more!

Also, I didn't actually mean to post this on Friday. I wrote it today and published it by mistake. There's no point in taking it down and putting it up on Saturday, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comment form beckons. I will love you forever if you let me know what you think of this post! You may even get a cookie. Not a real one, but... okay, you get a cyber-huggle. You get something!

...Pretty please <3.

Total Pageviews